Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of questions that we are asked frequently by our clients. If it does not answer your question, please submit your enquiry to the contact form and we will contact you with an answer.
Q: Is Agas Plumber still operating during COVID-19?
A: Yes, Agas Plumber will still be operating for emergency calls during COVID-19. For your safety, the safety of Agas Plumber staff and your local community, we ask for you to do the following before we arrive at your property:
- Notify us if you have had any cold or flu symptoms, been overseas recently or have been in contact with anyone who may have COVID-19. It is important for our staff to know these details so they can prepare accordingly.
- Keep 1.5 metres (6ft) distance at all times, as per government guidelines
- Ensure any pets are out of the way, and preferably in a separate room while the service person is in attendance to ensure there is a clear path to the appliance so they can efficiently repair your issue without hazard.
If you have any other questions regarding servicing during this time, please contact Agas Plumber directly on 0431 21 71 64.
Q: Do you specialise in all types of plumbing?
A: Agas Plumber specialise in the install upgrade and service of:
- Hot Water Services – Electric, gas and solar
- Heating – Ducted heating, hydronic heating, gas pool heaters and spa heaters
- Cooling – Evaporative coolers and installation of split or ducted refrigerant air conditioning units
- Other – gas appliance repairs, gas fitting lines, gas leaks, flue gas analyser, carbon monoxide (CO) detector, backflow testing and servicing
Q: Which Gas Appliances spill Carbon Monoxide (CO) and Carbon Dioxide (CO2) into your home?
A: The following appliances may spill CO into your home:
- Space heaters (inside the property)
- Hot water services (inside the property)
- All gas ducted heaters (inside; outside; in the roof space; under the property)
- Hydronic boilers (indoor only)
- Outside gas appliances, if installed incorrectly
If you have any of the above appliances, please get them checked regularly to ensure your home is safe from CO.
Q: Do you need an electrician to work on Electric Hot Water Services?
A: You will need a licensed Electrical D Permit Holder. Agas Plumber is a licensed Electrical D Permit Holder. We can repair or replace your hot water service without the need of an electrician in most cases.
Note, this does not mean we can do all the electrical work. Any work outside of the appliance will need to be undertaken by a qualified A-grade electrician.
Q: Do you install solar?
A: Yes, we install all types of Solar Hot Water Services (SHWS), but not to be confused with photovoltaic solar panel cells that generate electricity. SHWS are a great way to reduce your energy consumption, impact on climate change and save some money.
Q: How do I install a pool heater?
A: Agas Plumber can help you install a gas pool heater. Gas pool heaters consume large amounts of gas compared to domestic appliances. They usually will need a completely new gas line from the heater, back to the gas meter. If you would like a quote, please contact Agas Plumber.